[Spacewalk-list] Auto-Installation packages from Systems->Keys

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Apr 8 00:54:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

You can get all of those packages installed without registration IF they're in one of the channels available during the kickstart process AND you've deployed the correct GPG key for the packages. If you're using the upstream Spacewalk packages, you need to deploy the RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015 key first, before these packages will install.

I deploy all of those during kickstart without a problem using the builds from Oracle (because my target servers already have the Oracle Linux GPG key installed) and on my CentOS boxes, I deploy the GPG key during the kickstart process itself and then these packages are installed automatically by Spacewalk to enable registration. About the only ones you have to manually deploy are the rhncfg-* packages.

For example, Spacewalk will automatically deploy rhn-virtualization-host if the activation key used is entitled to either VIrtualization or Virtualization Platform. Likewise, the standard client RPMs will be deployed if Spacewalk detects them in one of the enabled child channels in the kickstart profile.

Cheers,
Avi

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>