[Spacewalk-list] Questions about setting up a proxy server

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Mon Apr 25 14:31:18 UTC 2016

I'm setting up a proxy server and I'm not sure that I understand this information from the documentation:

  *   An upstream RHN Satellite server with an available Proxy entitlement or a Spacewalk server.
  *   Machine where you will install Spacewalk Proxy must be registered against Spacewalk Server, which you will proxy.
  *   A provisioning entitlement for the Proxy server.

I have an upstream spacewalk server, but how do I enable the proxy entitlement on it?
Do I register the proxy server as a regular system, or do I setup a provisional activation key?
Where do I get the provisioning entitlement for the proxy server?

Thank you.

Daryl Rose