[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Kickstart ISO Certificate invalid

Johannes Raff j.raff at clue.ch
Wed Apr 27 07:54:09 UTC 2016

This kickstart is not done in a local spacewalk network but from our Lab, which has only a NATed Internet connection and reaches the spacewalk through the internet, so it shares the firewalls external IP with another Spacewalk client and yes, there is no PXE possibility.

The DHCP (no PXE) in this network should be fine, since the kickstart was able to connect to the spacewalk and download the KS file as well as all packages.

For the reverse Lookup, it’s correct, there is no reverse lookup entry for the IP, but it never existed and the kickstart from the ISO worked. Does there has to be a reverse entry? I can’t see the IP in the certificate, only the FQDN. The certificate has never been updated / resigned.

Many thanks
Johannes