[Spacewalk-list] RHEL 6.x repository not syncing from parentchannel

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Fri Dec 9 20:56:41 UTC 2016

So,  I resurrected the old server from the grave and copied the contents of "/var/cach/rhn/reposync/rhel-6-server-rpms" to "/var/cach/rhn/reposync/content_dist_rhel_server_6_$releasever_$basearch_os" and ran a sync.  The sync worked.

The sync worked, but it caused a new error.  A team member registered a Red Hat server just after I made these changes.  The server registered, but  with the following error:

Bad id for repo: logstash 5.x, byte =   8

I'm guessing that something within the data that I copied over does not align with the repository on SW?

Another thing that I noticed is that the directory structure in the old reposync directory is different than the new server.  For example:

OLD:

/var/cache/rhn/reposync/centos-7-extra

/centos-7-server-rpms

/centos-7-updae

/centos_7_channel

/centos_7_plus

NEW:
/var/cache/rhn/reposync/centos_7_centosplus_x86_64_
/centos_7_extras_x86_64_
/centos_7_os_x86_64_
/centos_7_updates_x86_64_

Is that a SW v2.3 vs. v2.6 change?