[Spacewalk-list] base patch or latest

Daniel Eather daniel.eather at cranegroup.com.au
Tue Feb 23 11:09:51 UTC 2016

Hi Avi,

Wow, some great info there, thanks a lot. We were stuck unfortunately at 6.5 as Ops Center 12.2.2 only supported OL 6.5. Now with the release of 12.3.1 it supports up to Oracle Linux 7, but only provisioning, not patching! Which means we had to abandon patching from Ops Center and look elsewhere (insert SpaceWalk!).

Yep, we're on SpaceWalk 2.2. It's fantastic news Oracle are looking to release 2.4 soon....any rough ideas on an ETA? I only ask because this instance of SpaceWalk is POC, and I'd consider hanging off releasing it to Ops if 2.4 was not too far away :)
We only have basic support for our Linux stuff, so unfortunately no ksplice for us (as much as I would _love_ to use it, there's no room in the budget at the moment).

Thanks again for the information, I had kicked off a "latest" sync and did notice it was HUGE. I've since cancelled it, I'll take your advice and add in all the patch channels.

Cheers,
Dan