[Spacewalk-list] Complex and depending system updates

Chris contact at progbau.de
Sat Feb 27 13:19:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the action chain. We want to use this
technic for our system upgrade process in an iteration manner. Here the
workflow we thought about:

1) execute script to bring down service
2) If exit code 0 apply patches
3) System reboot
4) after reboot execute script to bring back service
5) if exit code 0 start with next server

The script execution is needed because in some cases a simple service xx
stop/start is not sufficient. Does spacewalk provide this features and if
not do you guys have an idea what 3rd party tool can help out?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Chris