[Spacewalk-list] Oracle -> Postgres migration woes

Jan Dobes jdobes at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 15:21:47 UTC 2016

On 17.12.2015 17:26 Funk, Alex wrote:
> Greetings list!
>
> I have a Centos 6 machine running spacewalk 2.2, with an external Oracle
> database (managed by our DBA team).  I’m transitioning to two Centos 7
> machines, one as an external postgres database, one as the application
> server.  I was hoping to migrate the database over, upgrade it, then I
> have a fallback with the original.  I got a constraint violation while
> importing the data, and I assumed it was because of the version mismatch
> (I initialized postgres as a spacewalk 2.4 database).  So, I upgraded my
> original CentOS 6 machine to spacewalk 2.4, and followed the migration
> procedure listed on the wiki
> (https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/DatabaseMigrations).  Both when
> trying to dump straight from spacewalk-dump-schema --from=oracle
> --to=postgresql | psql, and when dumping to a file and using
> spacewalk-sql -i on the new machine, I get “ERROR:  relation
> "rhn_command_queue_sessions" does not exist”.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Alex

Hello,

it seems like you found a bug in our schema upgrade scripts. This table
should not definitely be there since Spacewalk 2.3. If you dump into a
file and then remove all mentions of this table including copying into
this table, it should not harm anything.

Or if you have backup of Spacewalk 2.2 Oracle database, you could try to
upgrade to Spacewalk 2.4 again with updated package we could provide.

Jan Dobes
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat