[Spacewalk-list] What happens during package removal

Rohn Wood rohn.wood at nih.gov
Fri Jan 15 22:33:21 UTC 2016

I have a test spacewalk server that we use to better understand how spacewalk works.  We recently decided to clean out all the packages with channels, then delete the channels, then delete the repos.  After doing all of this, we noticed that the allocated disk space did not change at all.  We ran an "ls -lR /var/satellite" and still see packages in the directory hierarchy (36,000 of them).

So does a package removal actually delete the on disk copies of packages?

Thanks!

Rohn

---
Rohn J. Wood, MPA, Contractor
Senior Systems Engineer, Unix System Administrator Consultant
Global Biomedical Research Support Program (GBRSP/OCICB)
NIAID\NIH\DHHS
Rocky Mountain Laboratories
Bldg. 28 Rm. 1B108A
903 S. 4th St.
Hamilton, MT 59840
406.363.9433 FAX: 406.363.9388
SRA International Inc., a CSRA company
The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is
confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should
not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.
If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender
and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not
accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and
not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its
representatives.