[Spacewalk-list] Config file removal

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 13:42:09 UTC 2016

> I am in the process of implementing a Spacewalk system & have started to
> configure/test configuration management. When I removed a config file
> from the channel that the client is subscribed to the file was not
> removed from the client. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes.

> And how can I
> change/fix this? If I remove a file from the channel I'd expect/want it
> to be removed from the client.

Interesting idea. We haven't thought about it in this way.

The idea is, you usually want to update existing files, let's say
/etc/hosts, /etc/sudoers and after you decide you'll handle the changes
in another way and remove the files from the config channel, you do not
want to remove these files completely.

I'd suggest to remove your files via remote commands.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering