[Spacewalk-list] Failed schema upgrade to 2.5

Steve Kent skent at noblesystems.com
Fri Jun 10 17:34:44 UTC 2016

I restored my database, tried it, and everything worked great.

Now I am back to the same issue I had from upgrading 2.3 to 2.4.

I go ahead and run "spacewalk-setup" and it fails. It fails because the
rhn.conf file is not properly created for the database settings.

I am expecting to have this in my rhn.conf file:
db_backend = postgresql
db_user = spaceuser
db_password = spacepw
db_name = spaceschema

Instead I get:
db_backend = postgresql
db_user = rhnuser
db_password = rhnpw
db_name = rhnschema

I am not sure why it's not picking up the proper spacewalk setup. Last
time I went ahead and modified the spacewalk-setup file to overwrite the
rhn.conf file after it was created. I would love to know what I am missing
or what's not configured correctly that is causing that issue. It never
happened on my upgrades prior to 2.4.

Steve