[Spacewalk-list] Hang a specific version of CentOS

Olivier FONT contact at olivierfont.fr
Wed Jun 22 07:08:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I created a new channel "CentOS 6.7 updates" child of "Cent OS 6" and I
connect the client to it.
But when I launch yum clean all; yum repolist; yum update commands the
client tries to update abrt, kernel, libs, etc from the parent channel
"Cent OS 6".

Does it mean that I have to create any parent + children channels from 6.4
to 6.8 versions?

> You can use the same. If you don't won't to update version - just disable
> the package , should be something like centos-release*
>

> On Monday, June 20, 2016, Olivier FONT <contact at olivierfont.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Some machines connected to my local spacewalk use CentOS 6.7.
>> If I launch a yum update, more than 300 packages will be update and my
>> CentOS version will change to 6.8.
>>
>> These specific machines have to stay on version 6.7
>> How can I have security updates to 6.7 and 6.8 on the same server?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Olivier

Cordialement,
Olivier FONT