[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Failover?

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Tue Mar 8 14:48:33 UTC 2016

I think to get this working you'll have to implement a way for both
instances to use the same data source (Postgres is what we use).  To do
this you'll have to use an external database, and for true redundancy, have
something like pgpool or pgbouncer in front of a set of Postgres servers.
Oracle DB may have something similar, but I'm not too familiar with it...

I currently have two masters in two datacenters, using the same database
(on a separate VM) in one of the datacenters.  My goal is to implement the
above with pgpool/pgbouncer, with an F5 GTM in front of two virtual IPs in
each DC, to avoid each environment crossing datacenters with requests.
Sounds good in theory, not sure how it will play out, or if I'll have
time...