[Spacewalk-list] old package versions installed during kickstarts

Noah Rømer baronmog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:51:35 UTC 2016

We're using Spacewalk 2.2 (on CentOS 6.6 servers) to handle kickstart
profiles and channels.

If I update a package in one of the channels/yum repositories, after doing
a spacewalk-repo-sync for the channel, the new version shows up as an
available update, but the old version is still installed when a new system
is kickstarted.

Any ideas on what would cause this? There is a http proxy and a spacewalk
proxy in front of the spacewalk server, but restarting the proxies doesn't
fix the issue. Often times, the issue will go away after a few days/weeks,
but I can't connect it to a specific action. That makes me think there's
some cache somewhere that I haven't yet found.

--
Squirrels are the lunatic teenagers of the animal kingdom.