[Spacewalk-list] Automatic auto updates

Евгений evgen787 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 11 09:12:45 UTC 2016

 Thanks!
I am go to check this :)

>Четверг, 10 марта 2016, 18:50 +03:00 от "William H. ten Bensel" <WHTENBEN at up.com>:
>
>Python would be the best way, but if you
are interested in bash/spacecmd examples.  Just some quick examples.

>for server in `spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q group_listsystems
group`; do
>       for errata in `spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u
yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q system_listerrata $server |egrep -vi "^security|^-|^bug|^enhancement"
|grep [a-zA-Z0-9] |awk '{print $1}'`; do
>               spacecmd
-s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q system_applyerrata $server $errata
>       done
>done
>
>To save several spacecmd, %sessions, and schedules on the above, could
also do.
>       server_errata=`spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u
yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q system_listerrata $server |egrep -vi "^security|^-|^bug|^enhancement"
|grep [a-zA-Z0-9] |awk '{print $1}' |paste -s -d" "`
>       spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz
-q system_applyerrata $server $server_errata

>yum update -y, with error checking and any additional scripting needed.
>        server_list=`spacecmd
-s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q group_listsystems group |paste -s -d"
"`
>       spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz
-q -- system_runscript $server_list -u root -g root -t7200 -f  /pathtofile.sh
 (yum with error checking and returns)

>reboot (if servers are not running osad,
then the -s schedule needs to be > 4 hours then when the reboot command
is sent)
>       Caution: ensure that virtuals are removed,
that exist on hypers that are going to be rebooted.

>       server_list=`spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u
yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q group_listsystems group |paste -s -d" "`
>       spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz
-q -- system_runscript $server_list -u root -g root -t7200 -s YYYYMMDD[HHMM]-f
 /reboot2am.sh

>       reboot.sh  --->
>
>               #/bin/bash
>                nohup
shutdown -r HH:MM > /dev/null 2>&1 &
0
>shutdown -c can be ran on the servers
before HH:MM just in case a mistake was made!

  Alexander Dacre < alex.dacre at aridhia.com >
  Евгений < evgen787 at mail.ru >,
"spacewalk-list at redhat.com" < spacewalk-list at redhat.com >
>Date:
  03/10/2016 05:01 AM
    Re: [Spacewalk-list]
Automatic auto updates
    spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com

>This email originated from outside of the company. Please
use discretion if opening attachments or clicking on links.

>I can’t share the code we’ve
written – company won’t let me – but the applications utilise the XML
RPC API:  http://www.spacewalkproject.org/documentation/api/2.4/ .

>A quick pseudocode example
would be to:

>CALL systemgroup.listSystems(“group
name”)
>FOR EACH SYSTEM:
>  CALL system.getUnscheduledErrata
>    FOR EACH ERRATUM:
>      System.scheduleApplyErrata
>
>Pretty straightforward to
do in Python.

7:48 UTC от Alexander Dacre < alex.dacre at aridhia.com >:
>Absolutely!
>
>We do this with the API. I provide a system group to a little bespoke application
which goes off and gets all the member systems. For each system it calls
the getUnschedulerErrata method and then another to schedule them at a
specified time. There is some other stuff it does like customer notifications
etc too.