[Spacewalk-list] rhnpush and passwords...

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:19:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

Admittedly I'm new to the rpm-based distro, but it seems odd to me that you
would have to explicitly have a password in a command. Specifically,
rhnpush.

For eg:

rhnpush --server localhost -u admin -p --channel software-channel *.rpm

doesn't work.

rhnpush --server localhost -u admin -p MyBigSecretDisplayedInHistory
--channel software-channel *.rpm

does.

Surely it's simple enough to prompt if -p flag is seen, rather than fail on
missing password?

Am I missing something here?

L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper