[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and Config management

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu Mar 24 05:24:40 UTC 2016

You need to make sure you're installing the rhncfg-* packages during provisioning and that you enable all the configuration options on the Profile -> System Details -> Details page so that configuration files are allowed to be deployed.

> On 24 Mar 2016, at 4:07 PM, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, thanks all. I still can't get this to work. Worse, I can't even see any logs??
>
> Centos 7.2, Spacewalk 2.4
>
> 1. I created a Configuration Channel
> 2. I added two files to the Configuration Channel, all details are correct
> 3. Went into Systems -> Activation Keys, created a new key with provisioning and config file deployment
> 4. I Subscribed to the correct Configuration Channel
> 5. I deployed, with no effect.
> 6. I went into the Configuration Channel, clicked "deploy config files", selected the files, selected the machines, clicked "deploy and confirm".
>
> Nothing.
>
> I can deploy *afterwards*, but I was under the impression I could push the configurations during installation?
>
> Cheers
> L.
>

> ------
> The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."
>
> - Grace Hopper
>
> On 23 March 2016 at 17:01, Neha rawat <nerawat at redhat.com <mailto:nerawat at redhat.com>> wrote:
> Can use Activation key to achive this.
>
> ~ neha
>

> On 23/03/16 06:26, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
>> Is there any way to subscribe a system to a configuration channel via the kickstart script?
>>
>> cheers
>> L.
>> ------
>> The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."
>>
>> - Grace Hopper

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496
Oracle Linux and Virtualization