[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and Config management

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Wed Mar 30 01:40:39 UTC 2016

*Deployed*... Does that mean activate/re-activate OR the installation of
the rpms did not get the files OR an rhncfg-client get failed?

Activate/re-activate should have pushed the files.
Installation of the rpms by themselves, will not push the files.
rhncfg-client get or a schedule through the UI, api, or spacecmd.

This are some of the options you can do in the kickstart:

1. Ensure that the rpms Avi gave are installed.

2. This has been part of our default kickstart for years.
# Per rhncfg-client documentation, the first get or deploy of files can
fail if this file does not exist.
# The work around is either reschedule, rerun, or touch the file
touch /var/log/rhncfg-actions

3.  In a %post script, verify all of the files were deployed.
        for myconfigs in `rhncfg-client list |egrep -v
"myspacewalk.server.domain|Config Channel" |awk '{print $3}'`; do
                rhncfg-client get $myconfigs
        done

- Thanks and good luck