[Spacewalk-list] Unsigned Packages

Ricky levesque corpral_ricky at msn.com
Wed May 11 13:59:18 UTC 2016

Sorry about my first incomplete e-mail, here is more information:

Hello Fellow spacewalk users,

i'm new to spacewalk and have run into a slight issue while attempting to update the spacewalk client from my spacewalk server.

The repository for the spacewalk client is setup but when i try to update the client, i get an error saying the package is not signed.

error on the client after attempting to update --> "Package rhn-client-tools-2.5.13-1.el7.noarch.rpm is not signed"

Package on the spacewalk server:
system to receive software updates from Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk.
Package Architecture: noarch
Available Architectures: noarch
Available From: CentOS 7 (x86_64)
Spacewalk Client (N) for CentOS 7 (x86_64)
Vendor: Koji
Signing Key: (Unknown)
SHA256sum: ####
File System Path: redhat/1/4a3/rhn-client-tools/2.5.13-1.el7/noarch/####/rhn-client-tools-2.5.13-1.el7.noarch.rpm
Package Size: 472 KB

I know i can disable signature verification, but i'm just wondering if its normal for these packages to not have signatures.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks