[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Force Internal Satellite Only

Jeff Baldwin JeffB at knowclassic.com
Wed May 4 05:34:11 UTC 2016

All,

I am having some issues getting my spacewalk client to pull from my internal spacewalk repo.   Despite the system being registered with my spacewalk server, the client host is still attempting to download from the public repos.   I want updates to come from my internal satellite server, only.    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Server/Client:  Both Running CentOS 7
Spacewalk Server Version:  2.4

1 – I registered the client with my Spacewalk server successfully.   The client shows in the Spacewalk WebUI, and the inventory is current/good.

2 – I have set all of my repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/* to enabled=0.

3 – When I run ‘yum update’ on the client side, I am still seeing the the available updates are being detected on a public repo, and not my internal satellite server.

4 – As this command shows, I am connected to the repo which I would like to pull updates from:

[root at ansible yum.repos.d]# spacewalk-channel -l
classic_centos7_latest

5 – Here is the ‘yum repolist’ output showing that I am still connecting to public repos and that is where the updates are going to be pulled from:

[root at ansible yum.repos.d]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
 * base: mirror.cogentco.com
 * extras: centos.chicago.waneq.com
 * updates: mirror.metrocast.net
repo id                                                                          repo name                                                                                 status
base/7/x86_64                                                                    CentOS-7 - Base                                                                           9,007
classic_centos7_latest                                                           classic_centos_7.2.1511_latest                                                            9,007
extras/7/x86_64                                                                  CentOS-7 - Extras                                                                           265
updates/7/x86_64                                                                 CentOS-7 - Updates                                                                        1,405
repolist: 19,684

6 – Here is the ‘yum update’ output, showing that all available updates are going to be pulled from public repo:

ependencies Resolved

=================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                            Arch                             Version                                             Repository                         Size
=================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 kernel                                             x86_64                           3.10.0-327.13.1.el7                                 updates                            33 M
Updating:
 NetworkManager                                     x86_64                           1:1.0.6-29.el7_2                                    updates                           2.0 M
 NetworkManager-libnm                               x86_64                           1:1.0.6-29.el7_2                                    updates                           498 k
 NetworkManager-team                                x86_64                           1:1.0.6-29.el7_2                                    updates                           132 k
 NetworkManager-tui                                 x86_64                           1:1.0.6-29.el7_2                                    updates                           212 k
 avahi-autoipd                                      x86_64                           0.6.31-15.el7_2.1                                   updates                            39 k

 Jeff Baldwin

[cid:logo_cg_s.png]

 8335 Classic Drive
 Charlotte, NC 28262