[Spacewalk-list] Question about Centos 6 Packages in CentOS 5 Repo

Matthew Barnes mbarnes at arbfile.org
Thu May 12 20:40:02 UTC 2016

Hi I recently ran into an issue with finding packages that were *.el6 in my Centos5 Repos? is this something to worry about or is it normal to see these ? I don't know how they got in there?

Here is an example:

[root at Centos5 ~]# yum info brasero
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Available Packages
Name       : brasero
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 2.28.3
Release    : 6.el6
Size       : 2.5 M
Repo       : centos5
Summary    : Gnome CD/DVD burning application
License    : GPLv2+

Matt Barnes
DevOps Engineer
Arbitration Forums, Inc. Tampa, FL
Direct- 813.915.2247
Toll Free 888.272.3453 ext. 2247
Cell 352.226.0955
mbarnes at arbfile.org<mailto:mbarnes at arbfile.org>
www.arbfile.org<http://www.arbfile.org>

Industry created. Membership driven.

ARBITRATION FORUMS INC.'S CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission and any attachments may contain legally confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all copies of this message.