[Spacewalk-list] New Packages in Channel, Repo Rebuild

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Mon Nov 21 17:27:04 UTC 2016

If you have a lot of packages or channels, or even if you don't, I would
recommend increasing the value of the memory settings on taskomatic.  From
my experience they are very low by default...
in /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.conf update the
values wrapper.java.maxmemory and wrapper.java.initmemory to larger values
(I have mine to 1GB min/4GB max, but Red Hat recommends less, at
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/43122).

Also, in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, there are some sparsely documented values that
can be increased as well:

taskomatic.errata_cache_max_work_items = 50
taskomatic.channel_repodata_max_work_items = 50

Hope that helps and avoids you having to restart it so often.