[Spacewalk-list] Template tables in database

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Wed Nov 30 17:10:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

During the virtual to physical migration, I discovered that there are two template tables in the postgres database.  Can I remove these, or are they needed for the WUI?  The reason why I ask is because I get errors when backing them up.

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "template1" failed: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "postgres", database "template1", SSL off
pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "template1", exiting

Review some documentation, I see that I can add an entry to the pg_hba.conf file that would allow them to be backed up.  However, when I look at the pg_hba.conf file, I see that postgres and rhnschema are defined, but the two template tables are not.

local rhnschema rhnuser md5
host  rhnschema rhnuser 127.0.0.1/8 md5
host  rhnschema rhnuser ::1/128 md5
local rhnschema postgres ident map=usermap
local postgres postgres ident map=usermap

I can add in the two tables, but I would prefer to remove them if they're not needed.

Thank you.

Daryl