[Spacewalk-list] How to improve WUI performance

Konstantin Raskoshnyi konrasko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:06:24 UTC 2016

Yes you can, you don't need to re-register clients as long as new server
has the same fqdn & the same key,
here what I use to work with DB:

#Backup_DB
export PGPASSWORD="rhnpw"
pg_dump --username=rhnuser -w rhnschema > /tmp/db.sql

#Restore
createdb -E UTF8 rhnschema
createlang plpgsql rhnschema
createlang pltclu rhnschema
yes $PGPASSWORD | createuser -P -sDR rhnuser
psql -e -d  rhnschema -f /tmp/db.sql

So you just need to follow this man
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkBackup

Save all directories, install sp on new server & then copy & restore db,
don't forget to use the same postgres version, or you'll get problems.

Cheers