[Spacewalk-list] Upgrade to 2.5 fails when upgrading jabberd

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Thu Oct 20 18:00:09 UTC 2016

It was advised that I upgrade SW to 2.5 (I'm currently on 2.3).

I'm following the upgrade documentation, and one of the steps is to upgrade via yum.

  *   yum upgrade

I get to jabbered-2.4.0 and it fails with dependency issues.  Its looking for two PERL modules, Net::Jabber and Net::Jabber::XDB

Error: Package: jabberd-2.4.0-4.el6.x86_64 (epel)

           Requires: perl(Net::Jabber) >= 1.29

Error: Package: jabberd-2.4.0-4.el6.x86_64 (epel)

           Requires: perl(Net::Jabber::XDB)

 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Both module are installed and work just fine, so I know this is error is a red herring.

My question is, if I use the --skip-broken, or rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest, will that cause problems in the future, or cause problems with the upgrade?

Thank you

Daryl