[Spacewalk-list] One kickstart profile many hosts!

Sigurdur Bjarnason sigurdurfbjarnason at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:59:11 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Hope someone can shed some light on my question here..  :)    In the past
before I started trying Spacewalk I was used to have a list of my hosts on
ISO and kickstarted from the iso and the only thing I needed to do while
booting was to say the boot process witch machine it was supposed to be...
like the list was

host1=10.101.1.2
host2=10.101.1.3
host3=10.101.1.4

end so on.. then I had another file with generic mask gw and dns etc
information ...

Is something similar possible with Spacewalk... without having to type the
hostname in?.. just select it from a list for example?...  And my main
question is can this be done with only one kickstart profile in Spacewalk?
  Since until now I am not able to figure this out unless I have one
profile per host  :/

Hope someone can give me some tips on this..

Best Regards
Siggi