[Spacewalk-list] Schedule Reboot (Bug?)

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Fri Sep 30 16:40:33 UTC 2016

Franky nailed it.

Just some additional insight (do not know how many devices/servers that
are supported):
If there ever is a chance of mass rebooting 1k+ servers/devices at once,
the rhn_check's could degrade the spacewalk.  Adding something like the
perl command below, will assist in randomizing the rhn_check within xxxx
secs of a reboot.

@reboot root perl -le 'sleep rand xxxx' && /usr/sbin/rhn_check >&
/dev/null

Also, if the rpm database becomes corrupt, the system will not check in.

- Thanks and good luck