[Spacewalk-list] Setting up Commercial MySQL repo in SW

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Thu Apr 13 14:05:19 UTC 2017

Our MySQL DBA would like to have a commercial version of MySQL repo in SW.  I downloaded the MySQL patch and reviewed the documentation.  From the way that I read it, I have to install the patch on a stand alone server, rpm's are included in the patch, then point all of the other MySQL servers to that stand alone server so they can access the RPM's.

Does anyone know if there are commercial MySQL repo's available?   I showed the DBA how I setup repo's for RHEL and SLES. For both of those commercial repo's, I had to register servers who's sole purpose were to have access to repo's so I can populate the SW repo's.  I don't know if there is something like that available for MySQL or not.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Daryl