[Spacewalk-list] Where are Spacewalk logs when applying patches?

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 20:55:02 UTC 2017

Hi Chris

This is the SW architecture, by default, all clients will check what is
pending in cycle of 240 min *4h* by default, you could decrease to 60 min /
1h *minimum value* */etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn<something here>*, just grep 240,
then if you did some schedule and your client still with default conf, only
after 4h or just if you execute rhn_check in your machine.

As our friend told, OSAd is one good solution, because will be real time,
when you submit, jabber will send one broadcast and then your machine will
receive / execute the task.

Please, feel free to check our documentation on link [1] or just this book
[2], here you will find all answers to your questions, via cli and/or webUI
*osad, client configuration, schedule, tasks and much more*

Have a good one.

[1].
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Satellite/5.7/html-single/Client_Configuration_Guide/index.html
[2].