[Spacewalk-list] Help setting up Ubuntu channel(s)

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Tue Aug 8 18:19:21 UTC 2017

It's not as bad as it sounds because a fair amount of support has been baked into later Spacewalk releases. Creating Debian/Ubuntu channels and repos and getting them updated through standard Spacewalk scheduled updates is now part of stock Spacewalk functionality. I followed an approach similar to the example CentOS or Redhat channels /repos: a parent channel for the main repo for each release (14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS) , and then child channels for backports, and security-specific  or general updates for those releases. You can also add custom child channels if you build custom client updates that include the secure apt patches. However downloading and updating Ubuntu errata is still a "third-party" add-on. Since Tomas indicated that 2.7 should be out this month, I would say wait until it's out, and then use my April 12 post, https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2017-April/msg00050.html, as a supplement to the devops page.

For the error mentioned by https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2017-April/msg00085.html, Vyas had those errors because the files listed are for our internal PKI CA. Instead use whatever CA certs were used to sign your Spacewalk cert (or the Spacewalk cert itself if it's a self-signed cert). Since then I have also updated Phil's patches for Secure Apt (see the comments in Phil's blog for links to the Spacewalk Bugzilla issue with the SecureApt patches).

Cheers,

Paul-Andre Panon
Senior systems administrator

Office: 604.629.5182 ext 2341 Mobile: 604.679.1617

Message: 2