[Spacewalk-list] Error code 32

Soham Chakraborty dec.soham at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 13:00:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I faced an odd problem today while trying to update my clients. I had
several security patches and I got most of them installed but few of the
updates refused to get installed and I could not install them manually as
well.

The error message from event logs of spacewalk say this:

Client execution returned "Failed: Packages failed to install properly:
Package bind-utils-32:9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4.x86_64 is not available for
installation Package bind-libs-32:9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4.x86_64 is not
available for installation" (code 32)

Interwebz tells different methods to fix this. But I do not see any smoking
guns from those articles.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I see this happening only for few
particular packages and few particular clients. Any thoughts?

Thanks,