[Spacewalk-list] Adding system to Spacewalk

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Tue Feb 28 14:08:46 UTC 2017

Hopefully this will assist, a shot in the dark...  Most of the following
is from a kickstart.  The !! comments and actions are additional steps
that may or may not be needed.

Try reinstalling the following on the client side.

# below pkgs needed for rhn registration and configuration management
rhn-check
rhnsd
rhn-setup
rhn-client-tools
yum-rhn-plugin
libidn
rhncfg
rhncfg-client
rhncfg-actions
libxml2
pyOpenSSL
libxml2-python
rhnlib
perl
When using a kickstart, there are some additional items  that are
completed besides installing the RPMs.

mkdir -p /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script
touch /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script/run
mkdir -p /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/configfiles
touch /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/configfiles/all

/etc/init.d/messagebus restart
/etc/init.d/haldaemon restart

# begin Red Hat management server registration
mkdir -p /usr/share/rhn/
wget http://MySpacewalk.com/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT -O
/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
perl -Xnpe 's/RHNS-CA-CERT/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/g' -i
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/*

!! This may not be needed in your case
if [ -f /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release ]; then
    rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
fi

key=kickstart-key,my-custom_key
if [ -f /tmp/key ]; then
    key=`cat /tmp/key`,$key
fi

!! Not from a kickstart..
!! Before registering... Validate the date/time on the server.  It can
cause failures as well.
!!  date
!!  service ntpd stop
!!  ntpdate -s Myntpservers
!!  service ntpd start

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://MySpacewalk.com/XMLRPC
--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --activationkey=$key

# end Red Hat management server registration

# end cobbler snippet

rhn_check

- Thanks and good luck