[Spacewalk-list] Package Installation: Schedule Time not working

Vipul Sharma (GDC) sharma.vipul at in.g4s.com
Mon Jul 3 20:51:53 UTC 2017

Just to update - By default, It takes around 250+ minutes for OSA to get
installation started - You can change the time interval by editing
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd
--

Also note down - You can *rhn_check* to install the package right away once
the request has been send away from Spacewalk -

Just schedule the package install from Spacewalk & run this *rhn_check* on
the client, You will see the magic.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Robert Paschedag <robert.paschedag at web.de>
wrote:

> Am 3. Juli 2017 16:21:25 MESZ schrieb Sreejith P G <sreejith.512 at gmail.com
> >:
> >Team,
> >     I am trying to install a package on my client from spacwalk server
> >using osa-dispatcher and getting below expected check in time and I am
> >not
> >able to schedule package installation with any scheduled time of my
> >choice.
> >Is there any way that I can change it to my choice?
> >
> > Confirm Package Install
> >System last check-in: 7/3/17 9:52:09 PM AWST (0 days 0 hours 4 minutes
> >ago)
> >Current Spacewalk time: 7/3/17 9:56:10 PM AWST
> >Expected check-in time: 7/3/17 11:52:09 PM AWST (0 days 1 hour 55
> >minutes
> >from now)
>
> You set the installation date and time when you select the package for
> installation. Just before you have to "confirm". By default, it says... "as
> soon as possible"
>
> Robert

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal
and/or privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any
distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error
please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail. Please then delete
the e-mail and any copies of it and do not use or disclose its contents to
any person.
Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual
sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek
appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
This message has been checked for viruses on behalf of the company.