[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk tomcat problem

Vipul Sharma (GDC) sharma.vipul at in.g4s.com
Fri Jul 7 10:58:17 UTC 2017

Please downgrade c3p0 package --

#yum donwgrade c3p0

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Andrew Radygin <randrewg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I've setup sapcewalk on clear Centos7, followed by this manual -
> https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall
> But at the end of install (spacewalk-setup), I've got following output:
>
> """Cobbler requires tftp and xinetd services be turned on for PXE
> provisioning functionality. Enable these services [Y]?
> * Restarting services.
>    (O)
> Tomcat failed to start properly or the installer ran out of tries.  Please
> check /var/log/tomcat*/catalina.out for errors."""
>
> # cat /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out
> tomcat-7.0.69 RPM installed
>
> But tomcat is running, though with errors in log:
>
> ============
> Jul 07, 2017 12:44:41 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
> deployDescriptor
> SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor /etc/tomcat/Catalina/
> localhost/rhn.xml
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
> org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
> [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/rhn]]
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
> ContainerBase.java:903)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
> ContainerBase.java:875)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(
> StandardHost.java:652)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(
> HostConfig.java:679)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.
> run(HostConfig.java:1966)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.
> call(Executors.java:511)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> =============
>
> And if I try to open http://spacewalk.tools....net/rhn/Login.do
> I see just a blank page.
>
> Could anyone help with that?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Best regards, Andrew.

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal
and/or privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any
distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error
please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail. Please then delete
the e-mail and any copies of it and do not use or disclose its contents to
any person.
Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual
sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek
appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
This message has been checked for viruses on behalf of the company.