[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.6 and Ubuntu 16 Xenial

Stehle, Christian Christian.Stehle at hs-neu-ulm.de
Tue Jun 27 07:02:21 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I've configured Spacewalk 2.6 Server with an Ubuntu 16 Client and have some trouble with the current Python3.5.2 Packages.
On the Spacewalk-Server I have the Xenial Updates and Security Channels.

Spacewalk Server says, that there are updates for Python3.5 available, but on the Ubuntu clients I get this errors after firing the updates:

MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython2.7'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython2.7-minimal'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython2.7-stdlib'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython3.5'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython3.5-minimal'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'libpython3.5-stdlib'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'python2.7'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'python2.7-minimal'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'python3.5'
MarkUpgrade() called on a non-upgrable pkg: 'python3.5-minimal'

After manually starting apt-get update on the xenial-client, there is shown no update available, but the server still shows 10 pending updates.

Maybe anyone has a clue whats wrong?

Christian