[Spacewalk-list] Adding system to Spacewalk

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Mar 1 18:59:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 5:42 am, InvalidPath <invalid.path at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ah William I figure you noticed I was installing those packages on the
> spacewalk server itself.  I was doing that in an attempt to add it to
> itself.  If that's even a valid thing.  I've since moved to another
> server, just wanted to clarify.

Registering a Spacewalk server to itself is absolutely a valid thing and something I highly recommend so that Spacewalk can monitor itself and issue notifications when packages need to be updated. The process for registering and updating a Spacewalk server is identical to any other client. You should also create a Spacewalk server channel just for the server.

All of my Spacewalk deployments have the server registered to itself for updates.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496