[Spacewalk-list] Channel/repository deleted but packages remain.

Soham Chakraborty dec.soham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:14:46 UTC 2017

Not to nitpick did you run with --remove? In my case having --remove
worked. Probably stupid suggestion but...

On 3 Mar 2017 19:51, "Dimitri Yioulos" <dyioulos at netatlantic.com> wrote:

Michael,

Thanks for the response.

I did run spacewalk-data-fsck.  The channels were for rpmforge which, as we
know, has ridden off into the sunset.  Perhaps I didn't remove the
channels/repositories/packages in proper order?  What I ended up doing is
deleting the packages manually e.g. " find . -type f -name '*rf.noarch.rpm'
-exec rm {} +".  After I did that, I ran spacewalk-data-fsck, but got no
output.  I know I should rtfm, but I'll ask anyway - what's the proper way
to remove a channel and its associated packages?

Thanks again.

Dimitri

editorial:  Rpmforge, originally created in 2002 by Dag Wieers, and known
as the Dag RPM Repository for a long time, was the first non-Redhat
repository.  I used it from its inception, and it saved my bacon lots of
times.  Thanks, Dag!