[Spacewalk-list] RedHat Subscriptions Management deploying Spacewalk

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 04:01:48 UTC 2017

Hello Rosario, good morning

Well, you can do this configuration for your environment btw I would like
to share some points with you. Using SW you can register your RHEL clients
and manage everything although will be necessary sync the rpm packages /
repositories from Red Hat and add this one on your Satellite. There are
some scripts to do this action or you could create your own scripts, I
believe you can find on our history.

Once you said *I’ve the subscriptions for all my RedHat hosts* I believe
you have *smart management addon* to all your RHEL servers, that's correct
? If yes, I really recommend you align with your red hat sales just to
check the Satellite subscription. Why ? the answer is simple, using
Satellite, there are a lot of steps that satellite will do for you, like
sync red hat repos and erratas will be *automatically* without necessity to
do manually, when talking about SW, you can do this but will be necessary
implement some or some time a lot of scripts / execute some steps manually.

I wrote one book about SW and there you can find some points about your
questions *
http://www.brasport.com.br/informatica-e-tecnologia/linux/spacewalk-o-projeto-do-red-hat-satellite/*,
in one month or less will be available the English version.

Let me know if you have any additional question about it.

Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com
Skype: waldirio