[Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

Wilkinson, Matthew MatthewWilkinson at alliantenergy.com
Wed May 31 21:20:33 UTC 2017

OK I actually figured it out. It was indeed SELinux that was preventing jabber from connecting to the UNIX socket.
What's strange, though, is that the syslog never showed me the messages until I rebooted into Permissive mode.

After I did that, I got the SELinux warnings that sm and c2s were being prevented from "connectto" access to the unix_steam_socket on /run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

After I ran the suggested fix command:

setsebool -P daemons_enable_cluster_mode 1

And rebooted again back into enforcing mode, jabber was able to start using pgsql.

Thanks for the help all.

--Matthew Wilkinson