[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting CentOS

isdtor isdtor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:34:57 UTC 2017

isdtor writes:
> Rick van der Linde writes:
> > Try setting selinux as permissive and retry creating kickstart. There's something not yet complete in SELinux contexts.
>
> SELinux is not enabled on this machine.

I got a bit further - explicitly defining a kickstartable distribution helps.

The whole process leaves more questions open than answered, and the
documentation isn't great. What I would like to see is a real-life example
of channel, repo and kickstart setup. Clarification of the spacewalk-client
requiremnts, etc.

For kickstart purposes, is it possible to define custom groups for the
%packages section? We use them extensively to install specific package sets
onto different types of machines.