[Spacewalk-list] Issue after registering Ubuntu to spacewalk - In apt-get update

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Wed Nov 22 16:00:45 UTC 2017

Am 22. November 2017 14:46:29 MEZ schrieb "Arumugam, Saravanan(Aswath)" <Saravanan.Arumugam at astrazeneca.com>:
>Hello,
>
>I've setup Spacewalk server successfully and already sync'd Ubuntu
>16.04 channels.
>
>After that I've built a test Ubuntu Desktop and registered to spacewalk
>successfully.
>
>After Registering - I've added spacewalk Channel details under
>"/etc/apt/sources.list" and "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/spacewalk.list".
>with the following content.
>
>deb spacewalk://Spacewalk.server.com channels: main
>ubuntu-xenial-universe ubuntu-xenial-multiverse
>ubuntu-xenial-restricted
>
>I've attached the Repo Details along "repo_details.txt"
>
>After all the successful operation when I run "apt-get update" I get
>the following error
>
>--error-
>Reading package lists... Done
>W: The repository 'spacewalk://Spacewalk.server.com channels: Release'
>does not have a Release file.
>N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
>potentially dangerous to use.
>N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
>configuration details.
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: IncompleteRead:
>IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)
>root at ubuntu:/etc/apt#
>

>Thank You,
>Saravanan Arumugam
>
>________________________________
>
>Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain
>confidential and proprietary information. If you have received this
>message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and
>note that you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance
>on it. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the contents of this
>message is not permitted and may be unlawful.

Don't add the repos manually into the spacewalk.list file! It gets overwritten every time "apt-get update" runs.

If the registration was successful and "rhn-channel -l" returns your subscribed channels, run "apt-get update" twice!!!

The first will update the spacewalk.list file, the second will actually download repo metadata.

Robert