[Spacewalk-list] running rhn_check from cron

oogiejonz at yahoo.com oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 20:15:22 UTC 2017

I am looking at using spacewalk for orchestration - for instance, I want to be able to upgrade an app on a group of servers every month without any downtime.  To do this, I would need to ensure that the app installs successfully on every server within a specific time frame.  I have osad running on my servers so that in theory as soon as I send a remote command from spacewalk it should run on the server, but keep running into servers where commands don't run until I manually login and run rhn_check.  So I'm thinking if I have rhn_check run from cron every 15 minutes then the remote commands will always be picked up.  Is there any downside to running rhn_check this frequently?