[Spacewalk-list] Fix yum repo definitions on spacewalk clients

Isaac Hailperin Isaac.Hailperin at lcsystems.ch
Mon Feb 12 09:51:55 UTC 2018

Dear list,

I have spacewalk 2.4 installed on a CentOS 7 host, and manage CentOS 7 servers with it. Now I found that in /etc/yum.repos.d/ all configured repositories point to Internet repos. Which is not really how it should be, hosts should use the internal spacewalk repos. I assume this is due to packages like centos-release* being installed. I am just taking over this environment, so I am not 100% sure how all this came together.

Nonetheless, I need to fix this. If I just delete the packages to which the repo definitions belong to, I am left without any repositories (I have checked - none point to the internal repo, all belong to some installed package). As the clients are assigned to certain channels, I would like to add the corresponding repositories again.

So far I have tried re-registering the client with

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://YourSpacewalk.example.org/XMLRPC --sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --activationkey=<key-with-rhel-custom-channel> --force
No success. I have also removed all channel subscriptions, and then added them again, no success.

What would be the easiest, or most reliable way to get the correct repo definitions back?

Maybe my assumption is wrong, but since the spacewalk client tools have knowledge of the subscribed channels, I assume that there is also a way to get the corresponding repository definitions in some automated way. What would that be?

Any hint or feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Isaac