[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and AD/SSSD Based User Authentication

Alexandru Raceanu alex at capeno.com
Mon Mar 12 18:58:04 UTC 2018

Try to go trough the SW/FreeIPA documentation (https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkAndIPA)
DON'T COPY PASTE, read, understand and skip the parts of ipa installation and config as you already have sssd up and running so that should be sufficient.
Take a backup before you mess around with you SW deployment so I won't feel bad about the tips!

As far as the channel related stuff, after you have the external auth working for rhn admins, you should be able to map another group for dev's with specific permissions (subscribe/unsubscribe systems to software channels)

That's at least how the theory would be, personally I would prefer to add all development required software channels to the whole development env/machines, and they can install whatever they want from that channels.
It will save you the hassle of educating users on how to use spacewalk or other time consuming questions.

/Alex