[Spacewalk-list] Follow 302 redirect on reposync

Porter, Michael A ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor Michael.A.Porter at erdc.dren.mil
Tue Jan 29 16:42:46 UTC 2019

Not sure what url you are using to sync, but I'm using this one without any issues

https://packages.graylog2.org/repo/el/stable/2.5/x86_64

Respectfully,

Andy

From: <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of "magnus at 1337.cf" <magnus at 1337.cf>
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 2:37 AM
To: "spacewalk-list at redhat.com" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Follow 302 redirect on reposync

Hey folks,

recently my Spacewalk server failed to sync Graylog packages. It always aborts right after starting the repo-sync bunch and sent me an error report. I investigated the issue and discovered the following: Graylog is using AWS s3 to host their packages and redirects requests with a 302 response to their bucket. Normally you could just use the direct URL to their s3 bucket but for whatever reasons they use temporary access tokens, generated upon request and with a limited validity of 10 minutes.
The solution to this in my opinion would be that Spacewalk follows the 302 redirect instead of aborting the sync bunch. I found no option to enable this kind of behavior, does anyone know if this is even possible?

Regards,
Robert