[Spacewalk-list] Best Practice for adding a child Channel?

William Hongach William.Hongach at marist.edu
Tue Jun 11 20:35:05 UTC 2019

Hello,

If the child channel is already associated with the activation key at the time of client registration, the client should subscribe to the base and child channels simultaneously if things are working correctly.  If you want to retroactively associate previously registered clients with a newly added child channel, I think you may have to script something to process this.  For example, you can make use of “spacecmd system_addchildchannels” to associate the system or system groups with the child channel.

I’m not sure if “Reactivation” within the GUI using the generated key would also work, but that is also a possibility to investigate.