Re: Client provisioning -- lvm question

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 11:41 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> 	Basically, you want to create an LV which fills all the remaining space
> in the VG? Something like this should do it:
>
>  $> lvcreate -l $(vgs --noheadings -o vg_free_count FooVG) -n FooLV FooVG
BTW, it's probably worth mentioning that I'm not terribly concerned
about running out of space when creating the /boot, root_origin,
root_snapshot, scratchpad or state areas.  In those cases we'll get a
nice hard error, staccali will exit, which is precisely what we want.

Getting a hard error due to running out of space creating /home is
kindof silly since it's meant to just suck up whatever remaining
space there is.

jeff