[Tendrl-devel] Few questions/clarification regarding tendrl

Shubhendu Tripathi shtripat at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 10:29:16 UTC 2016

Based on discussion over IRC tendrl-devel, John has a valid point.
I feel, it would be better to fork out from cthulu and then
append/update the required changes as per our needs

<jcsp> shubhendu, k4n0: the interesting thing about the ceph_bridge
repository is there doesn't seem to be any copyright notice at all.
<jcsp> there's just a license.
  compare to e.g. calamari:
https://github.com/ceph/calamari/blob/master/COPYING
  however that Calamari notice isn't strictly correct either as not all
contributions are copyright Red Hat.
  the thing is that in existing Calamari  and Ceph repositories, the git
history gives you the record of who contributed what
  when you just lift the code, you lose all that.
  this only needs addressing if anyone is planning to keep using that
Calamari code in Tendrl
  I got the impression that there was an intention to drop it last time
I spoke to mrugesh a month ago, but I haven't heard anything since
<shubhendu> jcsp, I am not sure this last part regarding dropping it.
Yes I am in total agreement on losing out on contributors list if just
lifted the code

John, do you want to add/suggest something ??

Regards,
Shubhendu