[Tendrl-devel] minimal hw requirements

Rohan Kanade rkanade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 06:44:49 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

Storage nodes should follow hardware guidelines as given by the storage
system documentation (ceph, gluster docs).

As for Tendrl Server, it hosts the tendrl-api, tendrl-monitor
(tendrl-node-agent which monitors all other tendrl-node-agent) and the
tendrl central store (etcd) which contains master data for tendrl managed
nodes, tendrl managed clusters and all the error/warning/notice (alerts)
 logs coming out of tendrl.

Given the responsibilities of tendrl-server, it is a good practice to run
it on 12 GB memory and 4VCPU, but for POC clusters, I would say you can get
away with 8GB Memory and 4 VCPUs for tendrl-server

The reason it is not documented globally and done per release is , we are
yet to finish performance optimizations and dont really lots of precise
data about how much resources Tendrl-server would require. Perhaps you can
generate some numbers while testing Tendrl?