[Thincrust-devel] ec2-creator merge into appliance-tools

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 17:29:15 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Joey Boggs wrote:
>> I've logged into the image and didn't see anything that stood out,
>> can you rebundle it once more and create another instance?  I also
>> tried my image which iptables was on from last night, chkconfig'd it
>> off then rebundled/uploaded  and it seems to be working fine.
>>
>> We should probably look into flushing the default iptables rules and
>> just leave it set to start on boot
>>
>> %   ec2Appliance.ks
>> firewall --disabled
>

> ok.. I rebuilt, rebundled, and reloaded and it worked. If anyone would
> like to look at it, do the following (assming you have elastic-fox):
>
> 1) Locate ami-29f21640
> 2) Edit your default security group (or any group). Add a group
> permission for CIDR 0.0.0.0/0 TCP/IP from 3000 to 3000.
> 3) Launch the ami in this security group, using your personal key.
> 4) You should then be abl to ssh into it with login/password
> root/thincrust or be able to access the web console on port 3000.
>
> Nice work joey. Couple of comments:
>
> - Can you add a -n attribute so I can name it what I want?
Yep can add that in easily
> - is there any way to autodetect the inputtype based on the imagefile?
I'm thinking there is based on using the output of "file $filename"  I'm
playing around with glade/pygtk and perhaps adding in a options simple
gui interface in shouldn't be too hard.

> - There is a slight type in the hlp for inputtype.

I'll clean that up, the manualdir feature was going to be for someone
that had a directory filled with their custom / contents and just wants
to bundle it into EC2 format, should I still pursue that route?