[Thincrust-devel] [patch] add ec2 bundling/upload support to adk2

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 16:50:40 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> David Huff wrote:
>> Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>>>

>>> Thanks.. I have added and pushed this. Do you recall where to get he
>>> ec2-register script from?
>>
>> http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=368&categoryID=88
>>

> everything but the ec2-register command

ahh yes... these are the api tools not the ami tools:

http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=351&categoryID=88

No rpm for these....

>>> Do you think it makes sense to break this up into bundle and upload
>>> packages?
>>>
>>> Also.. can you start to look at the vmware conversion as well.
>>>

>> I am also working on this as well.  I think there are two things here:
>>
>> 1. a procedure for running the current AOS spin release, raw and
>> virtimage.xml file, to run in VMware.

Joey, do you know off the top of your head what the best procedure for
converting the aos spin, raw disk image and lib virt xml filt to vmware
with current f-10 tools.

>> 2. Need to add functionality to appliance-creator to spit out vmware
>> meta data as we discussed.
>
> So.. I have been looking at the adk as a tool which drives off of the
> virt-image metadata. That way it can simplify the appliance-creator

This makes sence however I thought the current thinking was that
Appliance creator would spit out a raw disk image and both virt-image
and vmware meta data?

-D